LL-L "Postings" 2003.03.04 (01) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Tue Mar 4 15:21:18 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 04.MAR.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: Rules

Moin, Reinhard, Leeg- un Lowlanders,
(English below)

Junge di- waard meist tau dull, hier, opp 't LL-L.
Is einen mool drei Doog ne in 'n Huus, hett hei 'n bummeliche 40 mails oppe
Meschiin.
Keein Hann' meihr an tau krieg'n,; watt tau veel is, is tau veel. Ook, wenn
ick mennich ein Biidrag man jüstemang "överfleeigen" dauh, duuert dat tau
lang, un' mennichmool seih ick recht dümmerhafftich uut, ass ick em ne ennig
leest heff un' 'n neeswitsch' Komm'toor affsetten dauh.

Is mi ook oppfullen: de Dialoog mang Ingelte  un' "continental" Schriivers
waard jümmer minner. Dat is reell schood, wöör verleeden Joor noch anners.

Watt tau veel is, is tau veel- un' kann sachs gonne 'nauch ween!

Mann- watt haul' t Jii doorvon, wenn wi u's einig waard, jeid' enkeld
Biidrag in twei Sprooken tau schrieven, schietegool, woans de Schriiever dat
man jüst will?
Door sünn' mennig welk' Lüü mang uns, de dat Meuh mooken deiht (ick höör
door ook tau; Plattdüütsch tau schrieven mookt 'n heel Bült meihr Arbeit as
Ingelt!), un' de "Profis" mang Jau schöllt door woll heel keein Last mit
hebben!

'n lütt' Brems kann mitünner ne von Schood'n ween?!

Datt Ei will overs amend ne kleuker ween as de Heehn!

Kumpelmenten, allerbeste Greutens

Fiete.

***

English (free translation):

Hi, Ron, Lowlanders,

for heaven's sake- there is much traffic on LL-L, at these times!

Three days absence of home, and You've got more than 40 mails on Your PC!
It's hard to control, too  much is too much'

Even when reading the postings just like a "fly-over" it is demanding too
much time. Very often I feel like a fool when posting a stumpered, "saucy"
answer, as I later have to find out.

Isn't it obvious, at the moment: the dialogue between native English and
"continental" writers seems becoming less? Something to regret about, as I
think! That was different, still last year.

Too much is too much- though our communication cannot be enough.

Let's think about, that's my suggestion, that every posting has to be set in
minimum two languages, no matter, what combination the author prefers.

There are many people amongst us to find some heavy duty in doing like that
(as, for example, I do myself: it's much harder for me to write in my
LS-dialect than in what I think it could be near to English), but those
"professionals" of You shouldn't feel bothered at all.

Even a racing car needs brakes!

Beg Your pardon for my greenhornish omissions!

Very best regards:

Fiete.

(Friedrich W. Neumann)

-----