LL-L "Orthography" 2003.10.06 (12) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Oct 7 00:04:39 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 06.OCT.2003 (12) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Anja Meyfarth <anja-meyfarth at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Orthography" 2003.10.02 (01) [E/LS]

Moin Lowlanders!

>> You are right. I'm trying to use it only when it is derived from an old
g.

> Could you give us a couple of examples?

Yes, of course. One example is "gahn" (to go) derived from Germanic
"gengan". There are others as well which I cannot recollect in so short a
time. But I avoid it espacially in "daan" (to do) where it is seen quite
commonly.

Greetings from Kiel,

Anja