LL-L "List" 2003.09.13 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Sep 14 00:40:01 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 13.SEP.2003 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: PPMAC56 at aol.com <PPMAC56 at aol.com>
Subject: LL-L "List" 2003.09.10 (08) [E]

Hello all,

Just thought I would add my view on the "blurb" refuting racism. I'm with
Gustaaf on this one. Indeed, not only do I think it unnecessary, it could be
counter-productive, because those who already think we are a cover
organisation for Neo-nazis aren't going to believe us anyway, and those who
hadn't considered this possibility may wonder why we have decided to say
anything at all. it's a bit like having a conversation with someone, in the
middle of which he suddenly says "I didn't beat my wife". You would wonder
what made him say that, or what made him think you suspected him of doing
so.

Just my thoughts.

Peter McLean.