LL-L "Etymology" 2004.08.24 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Aug 24 19:23:21 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 24.AUG.2004 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ruth & Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2004.08.23 (04) [E]

Dear Peter Snepvangers

Subject: Etymology

Ron has justabout covered the subject, & you may already know the English
also use the word 'mere' pron. _mi:@r_
What we would call a meer or a vlei in Afrikaans, a shallow little lake one
dry season short of being a swamp.

Groete,
Mark