LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.11.02 (01) [E/Japanese/Hungarian]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 2 16:21:23 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 02.NOV.2004 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2004.11.01 (06) [E]

> > Ingmar,
> >
> > Although one of the primary goals of this list is to bring related
> > languages, cultures and people together, to facilitate learning about
> one's
> > own and related ones, to open minds and thus to help people see "the
> bigger
> > picture," there is no requirement to do so, no requirement to develop
new
> > interests, no requirement to open one's mind to things one chooses to
> close
> > one's mind to.  We have members with a great variety of interests, some
of
> > them with very general ones, others with very special and narrow ones.
It

----------

From: yasuji <yasuji at amber.plala.or.jp>
Subject: Language varieties

Dear Friends,
Since I have joined this listing, I have much interesting time to read
many posting in various languages.  I can understand Standard German,
English and a little Plattdeutsch, but I have learned that there are
so many variations in every language such as Scots, Limburgisch,
Flemisch in France, etc. Of course it is rather difficult for me to
understand what is written, but I believe that my knowledge of Lowland
Germanic languages is getting wider and it is much interesting to
know, there are many different opinions on one theme. So, I would like
to continue to read every posting and to post my opinion, when I can
join disucssion as much as possible.

As I am not a liguist, this web is a fine material to learn many
unknown things and opinions on languages. I hope that thia BBS will
continue to offer us interesting and  "lehrreich" themes and
discussion.

Best regards,
Harlich,
Herzlich,