LL-L "Orthography" 2004.11.12 (06) [E/LS/Danish]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Nov 12 23:55:20 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 12.NOV.2004 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Henry Pijffers <henry.pijffers at saxnot.com>
Subject: Orthography

Ron, Kenneth,

Ingmar's objections remind me. I think it'd be very wise if it were made
damn clear on your ANS site that it's intention is to have everybody
spell phonemes/sounds the same, instead of the whole language. I know
you do explain that, but not clear enough and not in the first part of
the page that's visible in my browser. For the gnats, it should be close
to the top. In short: tell in only few sentences what it is, and what it
isn't, and make that as clear as possible. Only then people will look
further.

Perhaps it's also a good idea to create pages that show how to apply ANS
to various dialects, for example Drents.

Henry