LL-L "Etymology" 2004.11.23 (08) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 23 23:35:13 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 23.NOV.2004 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Marsha Alley <marshaalley at msn.com>
Subject: Word of questionable origin and authenticity

Have to come out of absorption/learning mode and ask this.

I was told long ago that a word sounding like "bee bush" was Polish for
little sweetheart.  I never saw it in print, have not heard it since.  Does
anyone know of such a word and its origin?  I appreciate the help.

Marsha Alley
Oregon USA

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <loalands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Etymology

Hi, Marsha!

Welcome to the speakers' corner, neighbor!

Regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Seattle, Washington, USA
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L