LL-L "Anniversary" 2004.10.29 (08) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Oct 29 19:10:08 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 29.OCT.2004 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com>

But it doesnt show very many of the dialect features. They had
problems with that when they (some university folks in Groningen)
collected dialect samples in Denmark and Norway. It doesn't use a lot
of words...actually it mostly uses words that are the same in most
germanic languages.

Btw, I live in Groningen, and it should be possible to record samples
on my computer if someone nearby needs that.

Kenneth

--
Oops, I think I'd have to clarify a bit: the story about the north wind
and the sun is known throughout the world, that's why it has been used by