LL-L "Anniversary" 2004.10.30 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Oct 30 15:52:51 UTC 2004

L O W L A N D S - L * 30.OCT.2004 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ruth & Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2004.10.29 (08) [E]

Dear Ron,

Subject: Anniversary

> Unfortunately, I have received only *four* votes so far regarding the
> choice of stories, and the result is a tie ...  :-(  Come on!!!  That's
> lame! You can do better than that.

> P.S.: In the meantime we have the "stunning" number of six votes, two in
> favor of "The North Wind and The Sun," and four in favor of "The Wren."
> What a turn-out!  In the longer run we might be able to do both stories.
> But the second one would be after the anniversary.

Ron, let me vote for 'The Wren' (you know my bias). but further, I mus be
content to lurk. I don't know this blikbrein well enough to contribute.

Yrs,
Mark

----------

From: Larry Granberg <nibwit at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2004.10.29 (12) [E]

Hello all,
well started a version of the wren in Luxembergish and Saarlandish, but
either story is fine.
Larry Granberg

----------

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at worldonline.nl>

anything to say about it), but I assumed that originally you started the
list to be about Lowlands Saxon (and closely related languages) ten years
ago, and since the anniversary is to remember this beginning .... well,
never mind.
I'm with the list only for two months or so, I don't wanna be too pigheaded
or irritating, probably some already think I'm a bit meddlesome...
Now I'm going back to bed, the doctor told me last night I've got a bad
pneumonia.  (Ingmar)

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Ingmar,

The original purpose for starting the List was to bring a group of closely
related languages and cultures and their descendants *together*, to explore
similarities and differences, to stop thinking in terms of political
borders, and to bring people together, natives speakers, learners and
researchers.  Before the List was officially launched, it had began with
Lowlands Saxon (Low German), Frisian and Dutch, then developed from there.

Kumpelmenten,