LL-L "Administrativia" 2005.08.15 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Aug 15 14:56:23 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 15.AUG.2005 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: R. F. Hahn <lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

As many of you may have noticed, we've had a server "downage" over the
weekend.  Sorry about that.  I hope you didn't feel too deprived.  I know a
couple of you did and wrote to me.

Whenever you wonder why no LL-L messages arrive for a while and have not
received an announcement about an impending delay, please check the
archives.  If the archive site cannot be accessed, as in this case, you can
be sure the server is down.

Now, I hope none of your posting submissions got lost.  If you suspect yours
did, please resubmit them.  (This is one of those cases that reminds you to
send a copy to yourself and delete it after you find the submission posted.)

Anyway, we are back up and running now.  So it's time to get back into the
saddle.

The anniversary site keeps begging for more attention
(http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/).  The latest translation is in Tok
Pisin (Neo-Melanesian,
http://www.lowlands-l.net/anniversary/index.php?page=tokpisin), the contact
language we discussed recently.  It really is an interesting language in
many regards.  I have posted it with vocabulary help.  (Just rest your
cursor on any word or phrase.)

Hello and welcome to all of you who joined us very recently!  The latest are
from Netherlands Limburg, Gelderland, Washington State, Nevada, Arkansas and
Italy.  The month's complete list will appear in my next monthly report.
New Lowlanders, you are welcome to "lurk."  But we'd be even more pleased if
you were "talkers."  Please don't be shy!  We are not in the habit of
putting folks down.  No, you do not need to be "experts."

Best regards,
Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn
Founder & Administrator, Lowlands-L
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net