LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.02.12 (02) [A/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Feb 12 22:14:49 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 12.FEB.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net

From: Ruth & Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>
Subject: Re: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.02.11 (02) [E]

Hullo Elsie;

Subject: LL-L Anniversary

> I have undertaken to read the "Tuinkoninkie' in Afrikaans for our
> anniversary.

Veels geluk!
Maar is ons'n nie die 'winterkoningtjie' nie.

(Verskoning, Elsie, Ron, dat ek inluister!)

Die Uwe,
Mark

----------

From:  R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Folks,

Mark's question above and an exchange a few of us have had off-list remind
me to add something important to my anniversary project peptalk.

If by any chance you would have liked to contribute a translation or sound
file to the project but found that someone else had already done so, please
don't let that stand in your way!  I do not think that there can be any true
duplication.  Chances are virtually zero that two people tell and pronounce
a given story alike, even if both versions are considered belonging to the
same dialect.

We'd be happy to display your alternative versions, and this would not in
any way be a competition.  It would not only be fine but in fact great to
have multiple versions, especially multiple sound files of the same text.
In fact, it would be enriching the project a great deal, would be very
beneficial for those that access these resources for learning and research
purposes, and that includes all of us to begin with.

So, as you can see, little by little I am chipping away at the remaining
convenient excuses to which the reluctant ones amongst you are still
clinging ... ;-)

So, you might as well snap to it before I continue in this vein.  (Did I
hear someone say _ad nauseam_ out there?)