LL-L "Phonology" 2005.03.10 (07) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Mar 10 18:03:25 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.MAR.2005 (07) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Helge Tietz <helgetietz at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology" 2005.03.09 (09) [E]

Perhaps we have to add the achter-pronunciation of the Rendsborg-district in
Slesvig-Holsten which is actually "aster" instead of "achter', at least I
was raised with that passed on from my mother's family. In the
Low-Franconian-dialects around Moenchengladbach-Krefeld there occurs also a
ch[x]-dropping in words such light, right and after, which corresponds there
as "leet", "reit" and "etter" ("maak et leet ut", "etter 'm waerrem oeffke"
etc.).

Groeten

Helge