LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.03.10 (08) [D/E/Middelsprake]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Thu Mar 10 22:20:50 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 10.MAR.2005 (08) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

From: Global Moose Translations <globalmoose at t-online.de>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.03.10 (06) [E/Middelsprake]

Ingmar wrote:
> Waneer ig ha miin site, ig schal okso
> skrive miin dichte on miin andre künstlig sprakes up det.

Other artificial languages? Oh goody. Pray tell!!

By the way, you must surely be aware that this is how Tolkien started out.
So when are you going to write that epos that involves an illustrious group
of Lowlanders speaking Middlesprake, completely with ballads, sagas and
other tales of heroism?

And can I have a signed copy? :-)

Gabriele Kahn

----------

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Anniversary" 2005.03.10 (04) [D/German]

Liof Gabriele

Ig ha okso doon det, oller ig mot segge: Kenneth ha doon dat mid mi in
siin huus in Gröningen, mid siin mikrofon on MP3-spleger, wiil ig hadde
dem okso nik. Ig self is nik super lükkig mid de MS-version, wiil dar er
enig lit falte in det, dat ig ha maked. Doch magschie dat is nik so övel,
ig löve nik dat ene andre schal marke det uter miself!
On up de nü Anniversary site du kan höre dat Middelsprake-version alrede
nu, waneer du ga to Language Varieties. Man kan okso finde dar miin Süd-
West-Drentisch, Achterhokisch on Interlingua versions af de Heggeköng.

Gabriele, for mi Drentisch on Achterhokisch er okso nik miin modersprakes,
ig ha lerned boide later, darfor ig löve nik dat det schal wese en problem
wen du schalde do det. Doch uter mikrofon du kan make nikenting, naturlig!

Gröte, Ingmar

 Gabriele ha skrived:

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Anniversary

Hello, Lowlanders!

Let me interrupt our two precious fantasy language buffins' mutual
admiration session, stomp onto the floor wearing my anniversary project
taskmaster hat, carrying my stoker and stoking the fire underneath certain
dawdling little behinds.

Mathieu and I just "stood" and admired the collection of personal
introductions in our anniversary presentation workshop.  I'm sure you'll be
as pleased as we are when we unveil it.  It looks like people made really
efforts and yet allowed their personalities to shine through.  This was
exactly what we had in mind.  Once you've visited those pages you'll realize
what a charming bunch we really are (he says without the slightest trace of
pride and self-praise), what really interesting people you're sharing this
list with.  No sign of a cookie-cutter anywhere, neither in format nor in
personalities or mentalities.  What excedes my expectations somewhat is that
these introductions really and truly bring home the realization that we are
all real people with real lives and real personalities, not just names and
words transmitted electronically.  I think this injects a nice shot of life
into this whole deal, and hopefully it will help to bring us closer together
as a group.

Whopping thanks to all of you who have done the deed!  Special accolates go
to those who have sent us their introductions even though they have rarely
or never participated in our discussions.

So, having said all this nice stuff I'm bringing on the stoker and say, "On,
on, you lot! More, oh, more!" and "Where are the pictures, those few of
you?"  You don't have to be master writers.  Don't force it; just be
yourselves, and let shine those personalities I know there is an abundance
of.  Oh, and don't forget those story translations!

Beware the stoker ...

___
Tieho e tsoala tahleho.
     "Hesitation begets loss."
     (Sesotho proverb)
Ono agoorwa nkwibakaare.
     "The one who is praised comes forth to chant."
     (Kuria proverb, Tansania)