LL-L "Introduction" 2005.03.26 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sat Mar 26 19:48:04 UTC 2005

L O W L A N D S - L * 26.MAR.2005 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org or
lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net Server Manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8c/userindex.html

From: "Paul J.M. Sweet" <stingray at terabolic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Introduction" 2005.03.25 (02) [E]

Excellent, Roger,

Great news! You'd be doing this old man a great service.

I'm waiting on a course textbook, and then I'm off and running, and the sky's
the limit. How can you help, you ask. Lots of ways. One thing that springs to
mind is by indicating to me which words and phrases are more colloquial
Dutch,
especially idiom, and what is accepted as a more formal standard. Maybe
the odd
grammatical question, but the textbook & a course grammar ought to cover
grammar
pretty thoroughly. You'd be more of a lexical resource. Dictionaries are
good,
but there is nothing better than being able to ask a native speaker, or
someone
otherwise fluent in a language, questions on the language's words.

Hold on to your hat, Roger. It may well be a hell of a ride. I hope you DON'T
realise what you may be letting yourself in for. It should be fun.

Many thanks, R.H. You'll be hearing from me soon, quite possibly in bad
Dutch.

Paul Sweet, Mar. 26, 2005