LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.11.22 (02) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Nov 22 22:15:07 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 22 November 2005 * Volume 02

From: "jonny" <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2005.11.21 (03) [E/Spanish]

Ron, Sandy,

'Veermaster' again.

My (often heard and sung with version) of the refrain:

> >      Blow boys blow, for Californio.
> >      There is plenty of gold so I am told
> >      on the banks of Sacramento.
> >      Blow boys blow, for Californio.
> >      There is plenty of gold so I am told
> >      on the banks of Sacramento.

As I just found out- we always sung it a little bit differently:

"Blow boys blow, for Californio.
There is plenty of gold so _hey_  ('he') had told..."

...and so on. This way there came in some more Lowlandic specifications!...

Maybe it was wrong- but we are excused, I think.

Greutens/Regards

Johannes "Jonny" Meibohm