LL-L "Humoristica" 2005.10.23 (01) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Oct 23 20:03:05 UTC 2005

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

   L O W L A N D S - L * 23 October 2005 * Volume 01

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2005.10.22 (03) [E/LS]

Yeah, it's what we call a very 'dry' kind of humor in the Netherlands...
and here too it is used more among the Low Saxons. The very succesful
cabaret performer from Twente, Herman Finkers, is a fine example of it,
being recognized nation wide, even in the South, but usually it's even
stronger in the North, especially Groningen, I think. Westerners and
Southerners won't always appreciate it, in the sense that they often won't
aknow that it is meant to be funny...
I think we'll find this kind of humor in Scandinavia as well,e.g. Denmark

Ingmar

R. F. Hahn schreev>