LL-L 'Music' 2006.08.21 (05) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Mon Aug 21 23:15:48 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 21 August 2006 * Volume 05

From: 'Global Moose Translations' [globalmoose at t-online.de]
Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.08.21 (01) [E]

Piet Bult wrote:
> There's one person I think we should mention too: Marianne Rosenberg (born
in 1955).

>In the Netherlands The Rosenberg Trio (related to Marianne?) is a very
>famous group of musicians from the Sinti tribe who are famed for their
>virtuoso playing in the Manouche style, the Gypsy Jazz as originated by
>Django Reinhardt.

Well, yes, but those are actual accomplished musicians, while Marianne
Rosenberg is among the worst and most trivial that the German "Schlager" pop
scene has to offer... very trivial, schmaltzy, anti-feminist lyrics, boring
repetitive tunes, and a piercing voice that will penetrate brick walls.
Unfortunately, one of her biggest hits was a ditty titled "Marleen"
("Ma-har-leeeeeen, eine von uns beiden muss jetzt gehn, Ma-har-leeeeeeen,
drum bitt ich dich, geh du, Marleen"). My oldest daughter, Marleen, has
greatly suffered because of her...

Gabriele Kahn