LL-L 'Celebrations' 2006.08.22 (05) [E/Maori]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Aug 22 23:35:39 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 22 August 2006 * Volume 05

From: 'Stellingwerfs Eigen' [info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl]
Subject: LL-L 'Celebrations'

Gabriele wrote:
> You have me confused, by the way. How can one day be the anniversary of
> "Nine Nights"? Would this be the first, or the last of them?

On the tenth day after the nine nights they celebrated in the lunar month of
Ashwin. Find more information on:
http://www.panditjiusa.com/Dasara_Info.htm

Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult

----------

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yhoo.com]
Subject: Celebrations

Here's celebrating the completion of the splendid life of a magnificent lady,
magnificent beyond her royal station: Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu, the
Maori Queen.

My condolences to the Maori people and to all New Zealanders. Dame Te
Atairangikaahu was the embodiment of grace and dignity.

Ki a Kui, Kahurangi tikanga pai, ka noho tonu koe ki roto i tōku pūmahara. I
whakakōtua au ki koe.

   PUREA NEI E TE HAU

   Na Hirini Melbourne, 1998

   Purea nei e te hau