LL-L 'Introductions' 2006.12.13 (05) [E/S]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 17:45:49 UTC 2006

L O W L A N D S - L * 12 December 2006 * Volume 05

From: home at HUGHMILLER.EU
Subject: LL-L 'Administrativia' 2006.12.13 (04) [E]

Greetings,

I'm a newbie here, just posting a hullo to the list.

I'm the newbie from Grianaig (Greenock in Scotland) listed below.

I'm an old hand on the net, but have not been so active of late.
Trying to get back into discussion groups as opposed to just gawping
at eBay and Amazon in the run up to Christmas.

Ye can all call me Shug in future, though my Sunday name is Hugh
Miller. (Some here might ken me already).

Yours aye,

Hugh

Snip

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Introductions

Hi, Shug!

Thanks a lot for the intro above.  Nice touch!  And welcome to the speakers'
corner!  I can tell you'll do just fine here.

I gather you know Scots.  Please feel free to use it.  For one thing, it may
re-inspire our other Scots speakers.  And never mind me having a good old
crack at it masel, mynd. Wir ither Scots are awreadies uised wi, an ye will
an aw.

And watch out for pesky recruiters like me!

We are always looking for new translations and sound files for our
Anniversary site (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/).  And I am keen not
only on further Scots versions and especially at least one Scots sound
recording (partly because people from all over the world keep asking for
them), but also -- taking into account your neck of the woods -- on getting
a Gaelic translation and hopefully sound file.  If you can't do any of this
yourself, perhaps you can recruit others.  Pretty please?

Best,