LL-L 'History' 2006.07.11 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jul 11 19:33:25 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 11 July 2006 * Volume 06

From: Obiter Dictum <obiterdictum at mail.ru>
Subject: LL-L 'History' 2006.07.11 (05 [E]

Thanks for tips

Meer Hollandse:)
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/dutch.html

En dit: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php\?term=Dutch
Jeeezus... Stel je voor maar! Wie kon denken...

[Vlad Lee]

----------

From: clarkedavid8 at aol.com

 Vlad Lee wrote:
"Why all those things are exactly Dutch? I vaguely remember one explanation I
read years and years ago: shiploads of arrogant Dutch courtiers, their servants
and knechten followed William of Orange across the Ditch to swagger around
London. True?"

Or what about a "Dutch fuck" - that's a strange one. And surely cigarettes hadnt
been invented in the time of William of Orange?

David Clarke