LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.16 (02) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jul 16 19:21:05 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 14 July 2006 * Volume 01

From: 'Global Moose Translations' <globalmoose at t-online.de
Subject: LL-L 'Delectables' 2006.07.15 (03) [E]

Ron, Tom:
>Thanks for reminding us of another (less scary) type of North German
cheese, Tom:
>Muenster.

But as far as I know, Muenster cheese is not from the city of Muenster in
Germany; it's from Alsace.

And those few far-fetched examples (even Tilsit and Limburger are not from
Schleswig-Holstein or Lower Saxony!) certainly do not answer my question,
they only make me wonder more: why are there no German Lowlands cheeses to
speak of, although we traditionally have just as many cows and use just as
much milk, cream and butter as our neighbours across the border? To quote
Charlie Chan: Is puzzlement.

Gabriele Kahn