LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.03.31 (06) [D/E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Fri Mar 31 22:20:42 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

31 March 2006 * Volume 06

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2006.03.31 (02) [E]

I know the Sranan Tongo word for future: it's "toekomst".
Yes, it's the same as in Dutch, like so many abstract words in Sranan.
So when your "cooleague" thinks those Negroe compatriots of his don't
think about the future, he should ask himself if Sarnami uses a Hindi or
Sanskrit word for Future, or has a real word of its own...

Later!
Ingmar