LL-L 'Language politics' 2006.09.24 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Sun Sep 24 23:22:43 UTC 2006

http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

L O W L A N D S - L * 22 September 2006 * Volume 04

From: 'Stellingwerfs Eigen' [info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl]
Subject: LL-L 'Language politics'

Jonny wrote:
> For the two of us (Piet, I hope you to agree!)
> it's a completely kind of normality to get over
> any linguistical and political border
> (we've already had the chance to find out how
> to surmount beaurocratic obstacles);
> we don't think it to be something very special.

I do agree, Jonny, yes I do... and just a week ago I had the very same
experience with our Roland at our 'zuderburen'.

> I could tell you some more examples like these, and all
> of them will show that a lot of this stuff of linguistic
> separatism just is an official artefactum which tends
> to come out if official representatives and organisations
> deal with the matter (yes, Ron, I think it's not the
> individuals slowing down the train!).

Again, I agree. Ain't very often (some kind) of scientists and civil
servants the delaying factor in any (wanted) action? They make things
frequently unneeded complex! Does this has affinity with politics, money
and/or power?

Ron wrote:
> > "Hey! You know how weird and touchy the Dutch are!"

Is that so? I'm gonna think about this for a whole week...

Jonny continuous:
> I feel that a new generation on both sides
> of the border is already busy to normalize it
> - and I welcome all the increasing current
> political attempts in this direction.
> BTW: I really don't estimate our 'westerburen'
> to be sooo touchy; they're perhaps the most
> humorous nations of whole Europe,
> with great abilities for self-mockery
> (in special Luc and Piet we all know as lustrous
> exampels for this fact ;-)!

Thank you, Jonny. I can't find the (w)right words...

Bliede dat et morgen weer maendag is en
Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult