LL-L "History" 2007.04.06 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:39:35 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  06 April 2007 - Volume 01

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.04.05 (03) [E]

> From: Sandy Fleming  <sandy at scotstext.org>
> Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.04.04 (02) [E1
>
> Using a natural language as a code is a notoriously
> poor strategy, >

Hi,

I never had many secrets, so my little thoughts might
be too simple.
But I would say: a natural language has a lot of
exceptions and irregularities, making it uneasier to
crack.

vr.gr.
Theo Homan

----------

From: john welch <sjswelch at yahoo.com.au>
Subject: LL-L "Website" 2007.04.03 (04) [E]

Ed Alexander wrote:
"Perhaps the greatest proven influence of the Scythians was producing
Dionysius Exiguus, the monk to whom we owe our present world year numbering
system"
That is most interesting.
(quote)"The Khmer recorded time is a measurement known as "saka". For
example, inscriptions indicate that the king who constructed Angkor Wat was
installed as king in 1035 saka. This translates into A.D. 1113. There are a
series of dates inscribed in the third gallery that cluster around this date
when the king took the thrown. It is likely that the king was born on 1021
saka (A.D. 1099). He would have been around 17 or 28 years of age in 1048
saka (A.D. 1126), and 31 or 32 in A.D. 1131, a date recorded at Angkor Wat.
Suryavarman II<http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/archy/angkor/suryavarmanll.html>-
King who built Angkor Wat.
*Wikipedia:*
*Indian* national calendar - Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_national_calendar>
The
*Indian* national calendar (sometimes called *Saka* calendar) is the
*...*take into account the slower movement of the sun across the
ecliptic at this
*time*. *...*
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*India*n_national_calendar - 24k -
Cached<http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:9mrlA5vWXDUJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_national_calendar+india+saka+time&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=au>-
Similar
pages<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2007-05,GGLG:en&q=related:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_national_calendar>"(end
quote).
Angkor "Wat"< Sanskrit vat, vataka "walled hermitage" (vatican) "place of
prophecy"< vates <IE vat "inspire" > Ger. wut "raving idiot". The Saka were
not really such "inspired" idiots.
chimera

----------

From: Jonny Meibohm <altkehdinger at freenet.de>
Subject: LL-L "History" 2007.04.05 (04) [E]

 Ed Alexander (edsells at cogeco.ca <edsells at cogeco.ca+>) wrote:

We might also refer to the dark history of Freemasonry in Scotland which led
somewhat circuitously to the founding of the Royal Society under Charles II,
who primarily needed a better clock so his navy could figure out where they
were, longitudinally speaking.
>From Kannada and Dravidians to the Canadian descence of the Davidians from
Waco and then via the Scyths to the Scottish Freemasons tinkering a better
clockwork for The Royal Navy- a real confusing thread! I feel like sitting
in any crazy whirling centrifuge.

Good luck for your further investigations on the relations between these
('dark') subjects! Perhaps this might help you to find the final truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ast%C3%A9rix_le_Gaulois

Regards

Jonny Meibohm

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: History

Hang in there, Jonny!  Perhaps it's just a case of spring fever among us in
the Northern Hemisphere and our friends in the Southern Hemisphere egging us
on.  Anyway, sometimes being all over the place is better than being in one
place.  It maintains the agility of the brain.

Happy Easter and Passover to those of you that celebrate them!

I'll be "seeing" you from California over the weekend -- if my plane lands
in one piece that is..