LL-L "Language maintenance" 2007.04.16 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 18:34:35 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  16 April 2007 - Volume 03

From: Karl-Heinz Lorenz <Karl-Heinz.Lorenz at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Language maintenance" 2007.04.05 (01) [E/German]

Dear lowlanders!

Here are some other online samples of spoken Low Saxon / Low German. This
"youtube" thing is phantastic . The number of samples is growing dayly.

1. A Plautdietsch scoring of the "Wild Rover" called "Derche Kontinente"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjdduP1hBw

Maybe the lyrics can be found on: http://plautcast.com/
(I didn't, probably you have to log in)

2. "De Wind vun Hamborg" by Ina Müller (I think I've seen here before on TV,
didn't know she's singing op Platt)

Lyrics I tried to find on
http://www.105music.com/ina/cm_standard_123/site/modules/index.php
(I didn't find ...)

3. And last but not least: "Fettes Brot" (A pretty well known pop-group in
the German speaking countries) are singing alternately in Low German, German
and English.

I think Low German is notedly fit for this kind of music, isn't it?

Hah! I found the lyrics. On a swiss-german (!) page:

http://www.k-web.ch/funline/songs/nordish_by_nature.htm

Enjoy if you can!

I did!

Yours