LL-L "Phonology' 2007.02.19 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 23:43:22 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L - 19 February 2007 - Volume 01

From: Dirk Mahling <dmahling at acm.org>
Subject: LL-L "Phonology' 2007.02.18 (02) [E]

 Hi,

I live in the haht of Massachusetts and I can asshua you that the
non-rhothic dialect is alive and well.
When you ask the folks around hee-ah: "whe-a ah the kha-kees" some people
look a they-ah pants and oth-ahs a they-ah key-chains.
Some politicians, like Romney, may speak differently, but then again, he is
from Michigan.

Dirk Mahling,

or rathah - Dee-akh

-------