LL-L 'Etymology' 2007.01.16 (05) [E]

Wed Jan 17 00:18:53 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L - 16 January 2007 - Volume 05

From: "dmahling at comcast.net"
Subject: LL-L 'Etymology' 2007.01.16 (04) [E/LS]

Cng: Brits snickering over "Ausfahrt".

This gets particularly bad when people (marketing people) want to look
"supercool" by using English in German. Matching and mixing without
understanding what are saying in the end.

Yesterday nite on Leno, there was a german ad for "california pizza" or
something like that; It said:

(English): California Pizza
(German): Extra dick, extra ueppig, extra soft.

well that gave a laugh.

drd
[Dirk Mahling]