LL-L "Etymology" 2007.07.28 (05) [E?German]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 03:57:57 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  28 July 2007 - Volume 05

From: "Reuben Epp" <reuben at uniserve.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2007.07.28 (04) [E]

From Reuben Epp   reuben at uniserve.com Subject LL-L  'Etymology'

Although the words questioned by jonny are not current in my
vocabulary, I found them in Preussisches Wörterbuch as follows:

'Lachudder'  - Strassenjunge, Herumtreiber, Mensch mit zerlumpter,
unordentlicher Kleidung.

'Gnatschkopf'  -  nörgliger, zänkischer Mensch.

'Gnos'  -  nicht voll entwickeltes, im Wachstum
zurückgebliebenes, nicht vollwertiges Lebewesen.

Reuben Epp

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L 'Etymology'

Beste Reyben,

kennst' noch de Wärter:

*'Lachoda'*
**
*'Gnatzkopp'*
**
*'Gnoss'?*

I've just had a long talk with my brother this evening, and we inseminated
each other to remember some East Prussian expressions.

(Pssst, Ron- please let our Reuben answer as the first one this time- though
I'm sure you are aware and familiar with/of these words as well as he might
be ;-)!)

Allerbest!

Jonny Meibohm