LL-L "Traditions" 2007.06.08 (04) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 16:45:49 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  08 June 2007 - Volume 04

From: Roger Hondshoven <rhondshoven at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2007.06.04 (05) [A/D/E]

Hello Henno & R. F. Hahn and others,

Obviously, there are a great number of names for the ladybug that relate to
deities. In East-Brabant we have another interesting example. It's called
'livrake', which stands for 'lie(f)vrouwke', clearly referring to Mary.

Regards,

Toger Hondshoven