LL-L "Travels" 2007.05.20 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:41:12 UTC 2007

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  -  21 May 2007 - Volume 06

I wrote:

> Do bad about the negative connotations of "trek" for you, Sandy!

Obviously I meant to write "Too bad about the negative connotations of
"trek" for you, Sandy!"

Now, "Lowlands-L" appears in the top panel anyway, above the actual title,
as in our other presentations.  So there's no need to repeat "Lowlands".

We need to find a title word or phrase that most people understand and
association with what we intend them to associate with.

Unfortunately, the most obvious group of words has different spelling in
American English: "Traveller" ~ "Traveler" etc.

So, bearing in mind that it appears below "Lowlands-L", how about these?

   - Travel Guide
   - Travel Tips
   - Explorer
   - Discoverer

P.S.: Ben, too bad you purged everything! There were some goodies there,
such as late medieval Low Saxon catechism issues, and all sorts of Western
names in Hawaiian and Maori. But, as the saying goes:

He who throws things out in haste
Learns to deal with want and waste.
Isn't there a way of making a living by creating ancient proverbs?