LL-L "Traditions" 2007.05.30 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L List lowlands.list at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:12:24 UTC 2007

L O W L A N D S - L  -  30 May 2007 - Volume 03

From: Kevin Caldwell <kevin.caldwell1963 at verizon.net>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2007.05.29 (09) [E]

Um, obviously the second line of the nursery rhyme should read "Your house
is on fire and your children are gone." That's what I get for copying and
pasting without editing!

Kevin Caldwell

From: Kevin Caldwell < kevin.caldwell1963 at verizon.net>
Subject: LL-L "Traditions" 2007.05.29 (01) [E]

I don't know about the Lowlands specifically, but in the English-speaking
world there is the nursery rhyme that children chant to ladybirds/ladybugs
(usually only the first line, or perhaps the first two lines):

Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home,
Your house in on fire and your children are gone,
All except one and that's little Ann,
For she crept under the frying pan.