LL-L "Language learning" 2008.04.20 (08) [E]

Sun Apr 20 23:20:36 UTC 2008

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L  - 20 April 2008 - Volume 08
the html toggle at the bottom of the archived page.

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language learning" 2008.04.20 (02) [E]

Well, we'll just guess you had a piece of pie in your keyboard so you
couldn't finish the word German...ic ;-)
Ingmar
Btw Saxon and Frisian are usually called West Germanic languages, together
with Dutch, English and German, whereas Danish, Norwegian, Swedish,
Icelandic and Faroese form the North Germanic language group

From: heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk <heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Language learning" 2008.04.19 (08) [E]

Oh dear! I'm not going to live that one down, am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a  most perturbed Reinhard/Ron wrote:

I beg your pardon?  because I had written
> But in fact English has three as has its parent language German

Of course what I meant was .." its parent Germanic language of  Saxon and
other allied north Germanic languages inc Frisian "