LL-L "Names" 2008.01.23 (07) [E/LS]

Thu Jan 24 03:28:52 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  -  21 January 2008 - Volume 07

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2008.01.21 (04) [LS/German]

Dear Utz,

in context with 'Slamatjen-Brüüg' you wrote:
*> Na wat denn nu? Keen weet daar nu wat vun af?*
(How to get on? Who is the one of knowledge?)

Sorry- are you fishing for any compliments? Looking for honours? I fear
there must be a misunderstanding between us two. Let me say: I am no expert
for anything, but I like to bring up every painful object when I feel forced
to do so- errors included!

In the majority of the cases your contributions are very well-made
('expert-like') and informative and tremendously welcomed by me (and others,
I guess).
But I don't feel myself or anyone else being in a competition here on the
list. I am quite aware of the fact that, when keeping our messages in a
digested shape, disagreements may occure. Please- do not evaluate any
posting too fast as a personal attack against yourself, as I myself had done
so, formerly.

Don't mind, please, my dear engaged neighbour!

Very best!

Jonny Meibohm