LL-L "Grammar" 2008.07.13 (04) [E]

Sun Jul 13 17:11:55 UTC 2008

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L - 13 July 2008 - Volume 04

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2008.07.12 (04) [E]

From: jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2008.07.09 (03) [E]

 How would you get out of this tight spot if switching to the present tense:
" Look- just over there they is (are?) running down the street to the
left side!
And now they enter(s?) their car!"

Jonny Meibohm

Probably by skipping the pronoun altogether:
"Look - there! - running down the street on the left!"

Paul Finlow-Bates