LL-L "Anthropology" 2008.05.23 (07) [E]

Fri May 23 21:20:22 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 22 May 2008 - Volume 07

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Anthropology" 2008.05.23 (06) [E]

> From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Anthropology
[...]
> When it comes to the erstwhile even more
> multi-ethnic Iberian Peninsula,
[...]

Hello,

Well, this is a topic strange to me.
But if my memory is serving me: long, long ago paying
attention to this topic  I thought to have found some
anthropological parallels between the Basques and the
people of Zeeland [province in the southwest of the
Netherlands]. I forgot which peculiarities, but it
could have been to do with the skulls or so.
Some of our LL-confrères with more investigative
drifts [right now I have a third phase borreliosis and
I'm feeling pretty unheimlich; and also my memory and
orientation might be weak] might dig up something
about this topic.

Concerning the Basque whale-harpoonists:
After 1800 the seawater in the 'Golf van Biscaye'
[Golf van Biskaje Golfo de Vizcaya, Golfe de Gascogne,
Bizkaiko Golkoa] got warmer and the whales disappeared
there. And then we find Basque harpoonists [who got
unemployed] on dutch, icelandic and german whaling
ships.

vr.gr.
Theo Homan