LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.05.23 (08) [E/Middelsprake]

Fri May 23 21:26:01 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L  - 23 May 2008 - Volume 08

From: Ingmar Roerdinkholder <ingmar.roerdinkholder at WORLDONLINE.NL>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.05.23 (04) [E/Middelsprake]

Tanke di, Sönke.
Nei, Middelsprake is nik en dialekt af Dütisch, dat is en eigenstandig
sprake.

Doch ig tenke dat af al Germanisch, Middelsprake like meest as
Nedersaksisch. Nedersaksisch like as Skandinavisch, fordat dat sprake have
lated mennig worde in Danisch, Swedisch, Norwegisch, on okso fordat MS
have beholded de old lang i, u etc. Nedersaksisch like mennig as
Nederlandisch, fordat dei er süstersprakes. Nedersaksisch like as (Höög)
Dütisch, fordat de sprekers leve meest in Dütischland.  Nedersaksisch like
okso as Engelisch, dat ander Saksisch sprake. On Nedersaksisch like as
Frisisch, dat have okso beholded de old lang i, u on have nik haved de
Höög-Dütisch andering af p/t/k in pf/tz/ch.

Middelsprake is basered up wat al dis sprakes have meen, on dat is ofte
okso wat Nedersaksisch have.

Magsche dat is nik tofallig dat Nedersaksisch is miin modersprake ;-)

Ingmar

From: Soenke Dibbern <s_dibbern at web.de>
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2008.05.22 (04) [E/Middelsprake]

Wow. It took me some time before I was able to spot that this text itself
was written in Middelsprake and not in one of the germanic languages I
know.
It just read too fluently.

Ah, I see. Genealogy: Indo-European > Germanic > West > High German >
German
> Northern (*on Low Saxon substrate*). Good job, Ingmar!

Regards,
Sönke

P.S.: I have to admit that I do not understand the last two parts of the
genealogy. German as a subdivision of High German?