LL-L "Grammar" 2008.10.17 (01) [E]

Fri Oct 17 20:58:12 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 17 October 2008 - Volume 01

From: ipm7d at oi.com.br
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2008.10.16 (06) [E]

Dear Reinhard,

   Thank you for the answer, and congratulations on your site.
It's like very helpful for us living outside the Lowlands because whe
can get in touch with the language.
There are a few Dutch citizens still living here in my town but they
only speak Standard Dutch, like Father Hofstead, a  friend of mine.
   My state, Pernambuco was conquered by the Dutch some centuries ago,
and they left some herritage before being sent away by the Portuguese.
Some linguistics say that our final "r" pronunciation is derived from
their own. There are many street names in many towns called Mauricio de
Nassau. He gave Olinda it's name. It sounds a little like Holanda, the
Pg. word for The Netherlands.
  Well,
    God bless,
    Beste regards,