LL-L "Members' news" 2008.10.17 (04) [E/German]

Fri Oct 17 22:21:51 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 16 October 2008 - Volume 04

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2008.10.17 (01) [E]

Ron said: "Just back from 16 hours in a hospital emergency room."

OMG, Ron!  I'm sorry to hear that.  No matter how significant or
insignificant your reason for going there, they seem to do everything in
slow motion.  Best wishes.

Mark Brooks

----------

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>

To Ron, Thanks heaven it is "only" Gordelroos. It is a monstrously gigantic
pain, but it will eventually go away. Beterschap!

Jacqueline

----------

From: Kevin & Cheryl Caldwell <kevin.caldwell1963 at verizon.net>

Ron,

I feel your pain!  I had shingles on the top and back of my head in
January.  Not fun!

Kevin Caldwell

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Grammar

Just back from 16 hours in a hospital emergency room, filled with numerous
tests and morphene refuge after several days' of a unbelievable pain in the
neck (and head) and completely sleepless nights (in Seattle). After two
incorrect ones, the correct diagnosis arrived less than one hour before the
visible tell-tale signs of an extreme form of shingles (*Herpes zoster,
gordelroos, Gördelroos', Gürtelrose, helvedesild, zona, culebrilla, cobrão,
cobreiro, półpasiec, опоясывающий лишай*,

帯状疱疹), the evil twin of chickenpocks. Oh, the pain! Oh, the misery! Oh, the
humanity!

----------

From: M.-L. Lessing <marless at gmx.de>

O je, lieber Reinhard!! Ganz ganz dolle Genesungswünsche!! Von überall in
der Welt. "Nichts stärkt mehr, als zu wissen, dass einem von Herzen Gutes
gewünscht wird." Wenn das stimmt, müsstest Du bald fit sein wie Herkules!
:-))

Hoffentlich ist der herkulische Zustand bald erreicht! Oder ein anderer,
erträglicher :-)

Herzlich

Marlou

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members' news

Thank you all very much for the well-wishes and "petting", dear friends (or
"all the loving on me" as the Kahuna and other Hawaiians would say). I
appreciate them.

Mark (D.), yes, it's always excruciatingly slow in ERs. But at least
everyone was very nice in this one, probably because it's in a teaching
hospital..

(having taken the maximum dose of pain kilers, yet his head wants to explode
...)

P.S.: And of course it's "chickenpox", not "chickenpocks" ... Sorry about
the interference.