LL-L "Etymology" 2008.10.20 (06) [E/LS]

Mon Oct 20 22:02:05 UTC 2008

L O W L A N D S - L - 20 October 2008 - Volume 06

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2008.10.20 (05) [E/LS]

David pointed out, somewhat misleadingly, that a "holler" quite often
has a "creek" running through it. No, in fact, it has a "crick", just
like the one in my neck from reading too many emails! ;-)

Otherwise though, correctin for "proper" spellin' and citified
pronunication, his topography of Appalachia sounds JUST like the
terrain I spent 2 weeks in every summer growing up! REAL down home.
(And just down the road a peice from Bedford County!)

And, as Tom pointed out, we also give a "holler" ... when we need
something, ro just to say howdy!

sleepy in bombay!

Mike || マイク || Miguel || माईक || Мика || માઈક || U C_ > || მაიქ
ਮਾਈਕ || מייק || Mikel || மாஇக் || Miqueu || ما یک || Mihangel
Dr Michael W Morgan
Managing Director Ishara Foundation Mumbai (Bombay), India
माईकल मोर्गन (पी.एच.डी.) मेनेजिंग डॉयरेक्टर ईशारा फॉउंडेशन (मुंबई )
茂流岸マイク(言語学博士) イシャラ基金の務理事・事務局
長 ムンバイ(ボンベイ)、インド