LL-L "Lexicon" 2009.04.09 (06) [A/E]

Thu Apr 9 21:48:42 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 09 April 2009 - Volume 06

From: Mark Dreyer <mrdreyer at lantic.net>
Subject: LL-L "Lexicon" 2009.04.09 (04) [A/E]

Beste John

Onderwerp: LL-L "Lexicon"

U skryf:

"This listing made me think of the Afrikaans equivalents of some of the
names for an accordian  Handharmonika is found meaning Accordeon in an
Afrikaans dictionary although I have not heard this used. More familiar are
Akkordeon, Trekklavier (Piano accordian). Interestingly the word Trekkas
which I thought may be carried over from Treckkasten is used for a Drag-box
which is equipment used in civil engineering..."

Swaer, ek kan dit kwalik glo dat u nie melding maak van die benoeming
'Pensorrel' nie! Trekklavier? Gmf!

Darem 'n lekker onderwerp nê!

Guys, our John neglected, perhaps because its intimate familiarity to us, of
the term 'pensorrel' = (tummy organ) for the accordion. I for my part cannot
conceive of using any other term for the same. My father used to play it in
the boerorkes, alternating with the saw.

Die Uwe

Mark, emerging from a lurk.