LL-L "Media" 2009.04.18 (03) [E]

Sat Apr 18 17:59:21 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 18 April 2009 - Volume 03

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Media" 2009.04.17 (04) [E]

Luc asked

>    What about Britain: has a continental series ever been aired?
>    Thinking of German stuff like Derrick or Tatort for example.
>
>  Does anyone else recall a police procedural series from the late 1970s or
early 1980s which was a series of separate stories from German, Dutch and
British police forces?  I may well have the nationalities wrong.

I remember a fair number of animations (Magic Roundabout being the greatest
of them, but some of the Czech animations were marvellous) from my childhood
(late 1960s/early 1970s).  All were, of course, dubbed.  I did grow up
knowing that there was great television in other languages, but I don't know
how I knew.

I also remember French-language material coming from Canada (not in French).
I'm off to Quebec for my hols, so if anyone can point me at useful resources
(off-list, as it's off-topic), I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds

It may look messy now ...
        ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).