LL-L "Technica" 2009.04.18 (02) [E]

Sat Apr 18 17:58:14 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 18 April 2009 - Volume 02

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2009.04.16 (02) [E]

Thanks for the many reactions to the issue I have for not seeing some
characters on webpages.
I got convinced the problem was mine and not a general issue.
Thanks for making that clear.

I could not solve the problem on my desktop.
But I saw I do not have the problem on my portable.

My portable has IE version 7.0 on XP SP3
My desktop has IE version 6.0 with XP SP1

When trying to upgrade my desktop to SP2 several years ago it got stuck
hanging on agp440.sys. After quite some consulting of the MS knowledge base
etc I got advized to remove all hardware cards one by one, till the
installprocess worked. I finally didn't do that but returned to SP1. One of
these days I will have to renew the desktop PC anyhow..

Sorry I didn't check with my laptop before asking.
Thanks for all help.

Regards,
Roger