LL-L "Syntax" 2009.02.03 (01) [E]

Tue Feb 3 15:40:09 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 03 February 2009 - Volume 01

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Syntax" 2009.02.02 (05) [E]

> From: Luc Hellinckx <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
> Subject: LL-L "Syntax"

[...]

> Referring to a Norwegian genitive construction you wrote:

[...]

> The same construction is not only very common in

> Brabantish,  [...]

Hi,

I would say, it is rather common in dutch, although you would hardly find it
in written dutch, and neither in elevated spoken dutch.
In grammar school in Amsterdam I was told that this construction was no
dutch.
[And as the only lower class boy in school there were a lot more
constructions they make me change; even 'tram' I had now to pronounce as an
english word. Funny people, those higher class people.]

vr.gr.
Theo Homan