LL-L "Anthems" 2009.02.15 (05) [E]

Mon Feb 16 00:42:26 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 15 February 2009 - Volume 05

From: Tom Carty <cartyweb at hotmail.com>

Subject: LL-L "Anthems" 2009.02.15 (04) [E]

I think it is not your heritage that matters so much as the loyalty you feel
to land you live in... and Englishman can be more Irish than an Irishman,
and vice versa... its all in the heart...

Poetry on all topics...
________________________________
Writings in Rhyme
www.writingsinrhyme.com
www.lulu.com/cartyweb

----------

From: James Wilson <jawi2300 at gmail.com>

Well said Heather.  I now see that I should have used *some *Scots and *some
*Welshmen and *some *Austrians.  My apologies for that.

My intention was not to be patriotic/nationalistic nor to support those that
are.  On which national anthem any individual should sing, is I believe,
upto the individual.

What I wish to do is, as Ron put it :-
"... just look at, feature and celebrate the Northumbrian cultural and
linguistic complex irrespective of political borders and sentiments ..."

So, ta fo' yeh wards an tarrar fa noo.

Regards

James Wilson
Copenhagen