LL-L "Language programming" 2009.01.14 (06) [E]

Thu Jan 15 03:56:10 UTC 2009

 http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands.list at gmail.com

 Commands ("signoff lowlands-l" etc.): listserv at listserv.net

 Administration: lowlands.list at gmail.com or sassisch at yahoo.com

L O W L A N D S - L - 14 January 2009 - Volume 06

From: Jorge Potter <jorgepot at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Numeralia" 2009.01.10 (02) [E]

Numeralia

Dear Luc, Marlou and the rest,

When the Spaniards arrived in the Caribbean, they found the "Indians"
computing with all their fingers and toes. It didn't occur to anybody for
years that they were thinking in a twenty-based number system, thus getting
more out of their anatomy than those who used the ten-based fingers alone.

Jorge Potter