LL-L "Names" 2009.07.13 (03) [EN]

Tue Jul 14 02:15:16 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 13 July 2009 - Volume 03
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Names" 2009.07.12 (04) [EN]

Ron mentioned:  “Jessica Hahn (celebrity, nude model, and church secretary,
of Clinton infamy).”

Ms. Hahn certainly did all those first three things (and more), but her
scandal happened long before dear Mr. Clinton ever assumed the office of
President.  Her scandal took down Jim Bakker a prominent televangelist at
the time.  So, Mr. Clinton gets off of the hook on this one, but we don’t
know how involved with her he might have become if only he could have ;-)

Mark Brooks
----------

From: Mike Morgan <mwmosaka at gmail.com>
 Subject: LL-L "Genealogy" 2009.07.12 (06) [EN]

Okay, the list DOES go on...

* Kathryn Hahn who played Lily in Crossing Jordan (TV series
2001-2007, appearing in 113 of 117 episodes ... of which i have seen
but 3, seeing how I don't get to that side of eitehr ocean often)

* David Hahn who achieved some fame for his attempt to build a breeder
nuclear reactor in his backyard shed at the age of ... 16!

... and of course many others...

and you might find THIS interesting:

http://names.whitepages.com/Nebraska/last/Hahn

and be sure to scroll down to the map...

mike || U C > || мика  || माईक || マイク || ሚካኤል
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          (( Michael W Morgan, PhD ))
    Assistant Professor in Linguistics
Ethiopian Sign Language & Deaf Studies Program
      Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
וואָס לענגער אַ בלינדער לעבט, אַלץ מער זעט ער.
The longer a blind man lives, the more he sees.

----------

From: R. F. Hahn
<sassisch at yahoo.com<http://uk.mc264.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sassisch@yahoo.com>

Subject: Names

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, Mark. My bad. It's all a blur what with all those naughty boys and
girls in high and low places.

Thanks for the link, Mike. Wow! Hahn is No. 165 in Wisconsin, way, way
higher than elsewhere.

There is only one Reinhard Hahn in the entire US and A: in Washington State.
Wait a second! Not so fast! It's probably no me but the other Reinhard Hahn
that used to be in the Seattle telephone directory with me until my name and
number became unlisted and unpublished years ago.

Seattle, USA

P.S.: Mike, are you now physically in Addis Ababa?