LL-L "Delectables" 2009.07.14 (09) [EN-NDS]

Tue Jul 14 22:00:32 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 14 July 2009 - Volume 09
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Jacqueline Bungenberg de Jong <Dutchmatters at comcast.net>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2009.07.14 (07) [EN-NDS]

Hello Hannelore, Jonny and Ron plus all the other lowlanders who are
drooling at this very minute.

What about the real blueberries, preferable self-picked in the woods, with
their sweet/tart flavor! Just a bowl of them with some milk! Ahhhhh.

The blueberries that one finds in the store at this end of the world are at
least five times bigger and have at least ten times less flavor.

Sadly yours, Jacqueline
----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Delectables

Oh, yes, Jacqueline.

When I was very young we would collect them in the woods, those tiny
explosions of flavor.

With all the environmental devastation in Europe they aren't easy to find
over there either these days.

We also ate them in pancakes ... so much better than what they make these
days ...

Yes, yes, yes ... talkin' like real old farts ... Should we start talking
about our aches and pains next and how badly behaved people are now? ;-)

Seattle, USA