LL-L "Language history" 2009.07.28 (01) [EN]

Tue Jul 28 17:40:17 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 28 July 2009 - Volume 01
lowlands at lowlands-l.net - http://lowlands-l.net/

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L "Language history" 2009.07.27 (02) [EN]

*> From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
> Subject: **LL-L "Language history"
> Subject: (West-)Limburgish bitonality* *> Just for you people getting a
feeling about the sound, I ripped a sample track and downloaded it to url:*
*http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/cajot/01.mp3*<http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/cajot/01.mp3>
*>It is about 7 Mb for 7:32 minutes.*
*> It is in West-Limburgish from Hasselt, not too different from Brabantish,
and I hope understandable by many of you.*
*> It is track 01 from "Jos Ghysen, Conferences" and clearly recorded at a
carnaval show.*
*> The titel is "Bè de troep", Dutch "Bij het leger", English "With the
army".*

Just for comparison with Ripuarisch I ripped a track
http://www.euro-support.be/tmp/cajot/02.mp3
in dialect of Aachen (*Öcher Platt*)
(The town *Aachen* is in local dialect: *Oche*, the¨language is
*Öcher,*remark the Umlaut
 further *Aken* in Dutch; *Aix-la-Chapelle* in French; *Aquae gran(n)i* and
*Aquisgranum* in Latin; *O-ake* in my West-Limburgish.
It is track 02 of CD: *Et Jöngsje vajjen Pau*, Lieder und Gedichte in
Aachener Mundart von und mit Karl Kruse

Unfortunately one did not record farmer's language, since the farmer's way
of speaking is more authentic and with a stronger pronounced tonality.

Regards,
Roger
PS. I can leave these tracks only for a limited time on the server