LL-L "Obituary" 2009.06.20 (05) [EN]

Sun Jun 21 05:45:48 UTC 2009

L O W L A N D S - L - 20 June 2009 - Volume 05

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Obituary

Dear Lowlanders,

I am sorry I have to share with you the obituary message below.

Many among you no doubt remember Reuben Epp and all his great knowledge
about Mennonite Low Saxon (*Plautdietsch*) he shared with us over the years.
I remember him with fondness and was fortunate enough to meet him in Canada
a few years ago. He was a true gentleman and a kind friend. My thoughts are
with his loved ones, and with the many other friends and fellow students he
made over many years.

Reuben translated and narrated our Anniversary story in Melochna
Plautdietsch:
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/molochna.php

I have updated the Wikipedia articles about Reuben.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Epp
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_Epp
http://nds.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Ap

Seattle, USA

From: Cory Epp <kelowna.kid at telus.net
Subject: Memorial for Reuben Epp*

It is with deep sadness that the family of Reuben Epp must inform you of his
passing on June 20, 2009. A memorial service will be held at First Mennonite
Church, 1305 Gordon, Kelowna, BC on Saturday, June 27, at 2 PM. A musical
prelude will commence at 1:30 PM. We hope that you will be able to join us
in honouring our beloved father, grandfather, great-grandfather and husband.
*