LL-L "Holidays" 2009.03.09 (07) [E]

Mon Mar 9 23:02:53 UTC 2009

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Holidays

A bunch of holidays is coming up. On behalf of everyone I want to send best
wishes everyone to whom these apply.

Happy Mawlid (*Mawlidu al-Nabiyyi* مَوْلِدُ آلنَبِيِّ‎, Birth of the
Prophet) to our Muslim Lowlanders!

Happy Purim (*Pûrîm* פורים, Feast of the Lots) to our Jewish Lowlanders! (Go
easy on the homentashn!)

On March 14, happy Sikh New Year (*Vaisākhī *ਵੈਸਾਖਿਇ)!

On March 17, happy St. Patrick's Day to our Irish and Irish-inclined
Lowlanders!

On March 21, happy New Year (*Nowrûz* نوروز etc.) to our Persian, Kurdish,
Central Asian, Albanian, Zoroastrian and Baha'í friends. Also happy Solstice
to all Pagans and Celticists!

Happy days to everyone!

Seattle, USA